Friday, 5 February 2016

OMG - Progress Already!

Finally, creativity has returned to the 'Woman's Cave'! It must be this wet, dreary weather keeping me indoors, but whatever it is I am happy to say I have made some progress on the contents of that 'dreaded Drawer 3'.

Activity in the 'Cave' stepped up a notch or two this last two weeks, with an increase in cardmaking and stitching.  There's a long way to go before that 'dreaded Drawer 3' is empty but here are the results so far this month. (A couple of "before" and "after" shots too).

These projects, as numerically listed in my previous post, have now been completed.

Lovely bright backing
Dragonflies in Sashiko
Number 1 - Dragonfly sashiko square - now complete with lovely Kaffe Fasset fabric. Already in the A-van to be used as a candle mat.

'Keys to my Heart' Cushion Cover
Redwork Heart "before"
Number 3 - Redwork Heart cushion front - now complete with borders, backing, and insert. Another lovely addition in the A-van.

Candlewick Bears on pillowcase
Candlewick Bears "before"
Number 4 - Candlewick Bears x 4 - I didn't know what I was going to do with this project until I finished the stitching. The candlewicking is now finished and I have made a binding on each square and attached both squares to decorate a pillow case - maybe a Christmas gift for a little girl with a 'Bear Hugs' quilt!


 There has also been some progress made on the following projects:

Number 6 - Bareroots "Written in Thread" wall-hanging
Number 7 - Mystery Runner from AP&Q magazine
Drawer 6 -  "Love Letters Quilt" (Faeries in My Garden BOM 2011?)

Mystery Quilt Block1
Broderie Perse progress

In addition to all that stitching activity there has been some very successful cardmaking activity. There are so many 'new' techniques in cardmaking and I have enjoyed the 'challenges' some of these have presented. There a few samples of those "challenges" below.

My "Scan 'n' Cut shopper
My DH was very generous at Christmas and gave me a Brother Scan 'n' Cut machine, despite agreeing there would be no expensive gifts this year as we had purchased our A-van just before Christmas. However, I must say I am thrilled with this new addition in the "Cave" and I have spent a few hours 'playing' over the last couple of weeks. 

 
So until my next "progress report" --- stay safe, be happy, and may the creative juices flow freely.

Happy crafting.


Just a sample of my finished cards.
Paper folding and Scan 'n' Cut stencil

Baby girl pop-up card
"Flip" technique
Pop-up card - folds flat for postage
'Waterfall' technique - just pull the ribbon
Tri-fold with a difference

Another 'pop-up' baby boy card
'Step' technique
Simple Male birthday easel card
'Book' card with Scan 'n' Cut images

No comments: