Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Catch up time

Yes, I know it has been months since I updated my post.  But that doesn't mean I have not been busy "creating and making".

Since my last post in February the OGO and I have been on several 'adventures' - Mackay, Nairana, Townsville, and we are currently in Tasmania. There have been some wonderful 'adventures' shared with so many beautiful places visited and people met.
Visiting our daughter and son-in-law at their new home just outside Mackay, allowed us to enjoy the peace and tranquillity that can only be experienced away from the humdrum of city life.  We witnessed many beautiful sunsets and enjoyed lovely warm (sometimes too warm) days in a very beautiful part of Queensland before moving on to our annual "retreat" at Nairana NP.  It was at the latter location that I completed much of my handwork shown in this post. 

Quilters at Clermont
Whilst at Nairana I had the opportunity of meeting a group of quilters in Clermont.  This is a very small group of ladies - about 12 - who were more than happy to welcome guests to their meeting.  They have a dedicated room, with kitchen, at the local community hall, where they meet once a week, sometimes twice.  It was a pleasure to join them and I hope I can do the same again next year.

As has become a tradition with us we also visited our friends in Townsville, where I enjoy the company of a very special friend and we share ideas and spend time making cards, shopping, and stitching.  Always such a special time with lots of inspiration and motivation to work on projects.

We didn't have much time at home between our return from Nairana and our flight to Tasmania. I did manage to get a lot of hand-stitching done though as I was silly enough to have a fall on Mothers Day and broke my ankle which meant no walking, driving or any other activities which required the use of my right leg. So plenty of "guilt-less" time in a comfy chair with my trusty needle and thread.

Despite the broken ankle I did manage to host a lovely High Tea to raise funds for MS, and each of my guests received a handmade picnic place mat - yes, even the gents received one. They were easy to make and it was a project that helped diminish my scrap and fat-quarter stash.

Before leaving Toowoomba on this current trip, I also completed two cross-stitch projects, and a special memory book for our youngest daughter.  These had to be finished before leaving home on 18th June, as her 30th birthday was celebrated in SA at the end of June and they had to be mailed to reach her before she left for her SA holiday.  So it was an extremely busy stitching time for me despite my lack of evidence on the blog.

Unfortunately, no photos available on this post as I forgot to transfer them from the main computer onto the external hard drive that the OGO had set up for me.  So no evidence of projects completed.  I'll remedy that when we get home at the beginning of August. However, here are some sample pages from Mrs K's birthday book.
Cover

Page 2

The little things

Parents, Grandparents

Tiny Hands

Until then:
Happy stitching all.

PS:  If you want to follow our 'adventures' in Tasmania - pop along to our travel blog at :  www.theramblingretirees.blogspot.com.au


No comments: