Wednesday, 13 February 2013

New Beginnings

Welcome to my new blog.  In this special space I plan to share all those special, creative projects that I am working on and those I have completed.  Here you may also find some links to other creative sites and blogs such as the @KKPhotographics blog, where you will find fantastic photographic images by a young photographer from Sarina, Queensland.

UFO1 Completed Jan 2013
    Many visitors to this blog will understand the acronym - UFOs - in relation to all those "Unfinished Objects" of stitching sitting somewhere in a box in your workroom or cupboard.  So my first blog is dedicated to all those creative crafters who may have, like me, set a goal to complete some of those UFOs before the end of 2013.  Join me over the next ten months in sharing the satisfaction of seeing beautiful creations being completed.  

UFO1 completed Jan 2013
UFO2 Completed Jan 2013
BOM 2011 - Blocks completed Feb 2013
Disaster No.1 discarded idea


Of course, just because I have UFOs to complete does not mean I cannot start a new project when called upon to do so.  Hence in this first blog entry you will also see the beginnings of a very special quilt for a very special friend of ours living in South Australia.


Mach 2 - 13Feb13 - discarded
FINALLY - it comes together
This special quilt has taken me two weeks to pull together - including a dummy-spit and a complete revamp of pattern and fabric colour.  At least I now know where I am heading and the colours have finally come together, thanks to the assistance of a fellow quilter who spent 45 minutes of her precious time in front of rows of material matching colours for me.  Thank you Lyn - it's finally coming together.




Quilt top Aug 2012
So if you are a Creative Miss like me, feel free to share your comments and UFO projects over the coming months.  I hope this special space will Motivate and Inspire you to Create beautiful projects, be it quilting, patchwork, embroidery, photography, or papercrafts.   

1 comment:

Marilyn C said...

I shall keep an eye out for some finishes.Just one step at a time.